First Flight Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution that has been serving members around the world since 1952. With branches across the state, First Flight serves a broad membership including residents in many area communities and employees of a variety of industries and small businesses throughout North Carolina, as well as military and civilian workers of our armed forces. Becoming a First Flight member is easier than ever.
We can qualify you for membership in one of the following ways:
- You are a member of the military or a government employee (current or retired)
- You live, work, or worship in one of the following communities:
- Lenoir County
- Pitt County
- Morehead City Community
- New Bern Community
- Havelock Community
- You have electric service through Carteret-Craven EMC
- Your employer or organization has a corporate relationship with First Flight. Hundreds of employers have an affiliation with First Flight to offer membership as an employee benefit.
- You may also join one of the following associations with a small donation of $5-$10 to qualify for First Flight membership. You can easily join one of these associations while you open your account online or at one of our financial center locations.
- Capital Area Preservation Club
- Holly Springs Arts Council
- Beaufort Historical Society
Once you become a member of First Flight, members of your family and any member of your household are also eligible to join and take advantage of First Flight membership and all its benefits too.
Become a Member
- Join today!
- Contact our Member Support Center at 1-800-807-0766
- Stop by one of our conveniently located Financial Centers
Important Information about procedures for opening a new account:
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires First Flight to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means to you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.